The purpose of a Day Sponsorship message is to celebrate or honor a special occasion or person or to encourage others to support programming on KUNC. As a day sponsor, you will receive eight personalized on-air announcements on a day of your choice.
Eligibility - Individuals who contribute $600 or $50 per month (or more) are eligible for a Day Sponsorship. Leadership Circle contributions of $1,200 or more are eligible to receive two Day Sponsorships. Individuals are not eligible for more than two Day Sponsorships, regardless of their level of contribution.
Scheduling Details - Day Sponsorships are available on a first come, first served basis. We try to accommodate all requests, but encourage you to be flexible and have alternative dates in mind.
- The gift must be received before the Day Sponsorship will be scheduled. Sustaining Members will receive their Day Sponsor invitation in the beginning of January and will be eligible to select any available date within that year.
- To ensure adequate schedule, approval and production time, we require at least 10 calendar days of advance notice.
- Day Sponsorships must be used within one year of KUNC’s or The Colorado Sound's receipt of the qualifying contribution.
- Leadership Circle announcements may not be scheduled on consecutive days.
Message Requirements - To maintain consistency and ensure compliance with FCC regulations, the following policies apply to Day Sponsorship:
- Day Sponsorship announcements must include the first and the last name of the donor. Qualifying donations from family foundations or donor advised funds must include the full name of the foundation and fund. Anonymous announcements are not permitted in any instance.
- Day Sponsorship message must be 15 words or less.
The Day Sponsorship message must conform to FCC guidelines for public radio announcements, which means they may NOT INCLUDE:
- promotional, commercial or controversial messages of any kind.
- language referencing campaigns, candidacies or legislation.
- a “call to action” (using active voice to request others to attend, contribute, volunteer, etc.)
- descriptive or qualitative information (i.e. "free", "best").
- first-person personal pronouns (I, me, we, us, etc).
1. Day Sponsor messages will begin with the opening statement: “Day Sponsors provide support for a day’s programming on KUNC. Our Day Sponsor(s) for today is/are"
2. Donor’s first & last name (to assist our staff, please provide phonetic spelling of commonly mispronounced names or words).
3. Select one:
- In honor of…
- In Memory of..
- In recognition of…
4.Personalize in Fifteen words or less…
Ex: Day Sponsors provide support for a day’s programming on KUNC. Our Day Sponsor for today is John Smith Celebrating Mary’s 50th Birthday.
Donating Day Sponsorship to a Non-profit Organization
Members may donate their day sponsorship to a non-profit organization, but the name of the donor must be included in the announcement.
Ex: “Day Sponsors provide support for a day's programming on KUNC. Our Day Sponsors for today are Mary and John Smith recognizing the work of ABC Food Bank in feeding the hungry in our community.”
Day Sponsorship on Behalf of a Business
Use of Day Sponsorships by Businesses is subject to the following restrictions:
- Only the name of the business may be identified
- Physical address, phone number, or website are not permitted
- Description of products and services is not permitted
Example of Acceptable Business Day Sponsorship:
“Day Sponsors provide support for a day's programming on KUNC. Our Day Sponsor for today is ABC Company thanking its customers for their patronage.”
Day Sponsorships are not designed to be a communication strategy for businesses. Businesses interested in including KUNC in their marketing plan are encouraged to contact Robert Leja, Director of Corporate Support and Marketing at 970-350-0822 or email@example.com or for more info visit http://kunc.org/corporate-support.
Submission of Day Sponsorship Request When you make your qualifying contribution you are welcome to get started with your Day Sponsor request!
To fill out the form online visit: kunc.convio.net/daysponsor. If you prefer a paper form can be sent via mail, please just let us know.
If you would like to be a Day Sponsor on The Colorado Sound (KUNC's Music Discovery Station 105.5fm) please fill out this form: kunc.convio.net/coloradosounddaysponsor
KUNC reserves the right of final approval for all Day Sponsorship messages. All messages are subject to editing for length, format and compliance with FCC guidelines. Please note that breaking news, special coverage or technical difficulty may preempt a message. We do everything possible to make sure your message airs as scheduled. However, occasionally messages are missed or the time a message airs may vary slightly. To ensure that you hear your message, be sure to tune in at least 10 minutes before the scheduled time.
Approximate Airing Times of Day Sponsor Announcements:
Monday- Thursday: 7:49 am, 9:38 am, 11:20 am, 1:46 pm, 2:48 pm, 3:48 pm, 5:18 pm, 7:18 pm
Friday: 7:49 am, 9:38 am, 11:20 am, 1:38 pm, 2:48 pm, 3:48 pm, 5:18 pm, 7:18 pm
Saturday: 7:19 am, 9:19 am, 10:19 am , 12:19 pm, 2:19 pm, 3:39 pm, 4:58 pm, 6:19 pm
Sunday: 7:19 am, 9:19 am, 10:19 am, 12:19 pm, 2:19 pm, 3:30 pm, 4:58 pm, 7:19 pm
Please direct any questions about Day Sponsorships to Kimberly Rais at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-350-0831.