Employment & Internships
Employment and Internship Opportunities
KUNC is an award-winning Public Radio station offering a creative and challenging work environment. Our team is made up of creative and dedicated people who are deeply committed to the mission of KUNC.
Community Radio for Northern Colorado's mission is to strengthen our community by cultivating the mind and spirit- informing, inspiring and entertaining.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits including health & dental care, life & short term disability insurance, 403b retirement, and more.
KUNC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Current Employment Opportunities:
President & CEO
Please visit the following site: liv.jobs/CRNC
All Things Considered Host
KUNC, an award-winning NPR affiliate station in Northern Colorado, seeks an All Things Considered host to join our team. The All Things Considered Host writes and delivers on-air newscasts and other show elements within the body of All Things Considered. The host is also responsible for the delivery of underwrites, weather and other station announcements within scheduled breaks. ATC Host also records weekend automation breaks.
All Things Considered Host must be a productive, responsible, and enterprising individual possessing a passion for how global, national, and regional issues connect to the KUNC listening area, which encompasses Colorado’s Front Range, the Eastern Plains, and mountain communities.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of on-air broadcast news and hosting experience preferred.
- Engaging and professional on-air presence and comfort with hosting a live program as well as the ability to interview in an NPR style.
- Demonstrated history of maintaining high journalistic standards of objectivity, balance and fairness.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at KUNC and within the public broadcasting system.
- Ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple responsibilities at once, and shift gears quickly.
- Demonstrated understanding of digital and social media concepts and tools and ability to think creatively about digital content.
- Experience with Adobe Audition or other digital audio editing software is helpful.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred, but not required.
For a full job description, please see the link below.
Please submit resume, links to online examples of your work, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. KUNC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.
For best consideration apply by Sunday, November 1, 2020.
About KUNC News
KUNC News is made up of a team of 15 dedicated journalists committed to telling the stories of northern Colorado. We participate in several regional journalism collaborations that include Guns & America and the Mountain West Regional Journalism Center. We provide leadership and editorial support to Capitol Coverage, a Colorado collaboration to cover the state capitol. Our internal reporters cover beats of arts & culture, education & health, growth & the economy, veteran issues, and the Colorado River. And we have worked hard to create an investigative desk that launched last May. Our editorial team consists of Director of News, Managing Editor, and Digital Editor. KUNC News operates with a team mentality, creating engaging and relevant news content with a focus on internal and external collaboration.