Employment and Internship Opportunities
KUNC is an award-winning Public Radio station offering a creative and challenging work environment. Our team is made up of creative and dedicated people who are deeply committed to the mission of KUNC.
Community Radio for Northern Colorado's mission is to strengthen our community by cultivating the mind and spirit- informing, inspiring and entertaining.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits including health & dental care, life & short term disability insurance, 403b retirement, and more.
KUNC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Director of Individual Giving
KUNC and The Colorado Sound are looking for a new Director of Individual Giving. We are a mid-sized organization that has a 50-year track record of strengthening community through public media. We value teamwork, creative thinking, different perspectives, and hard work. Our new Director of Individual Giving should have the following characteristics:
- A passion for public media's role in strengthening community
- A belief that every donation matters
- A desire to be part of a team
- A commitment to learning and growing, and a desire to help others learn and grown
- A flair for creative, outside-the-box thinking
- An appreciation of the importance of details and accuracy
- A willingness to take risks, to advocate for new ideas, and to experiment
As a mid-sized organization, every staff member wears multiple hats. This is the reality of our Director of Individual Giving position. There is the leadership responsibility of developing and implementing our fundraising strategies, but just as important are the responsibilities of customer service, data entry, and problem solving. The challenge of the position is to balance the strategic responsibilities and the daily duties. The reward of this position is the ability to interact with our members, knowing the impact their gifts have on our community, and directing our activities to maximize this impact.
To be successful in this position, you should have experience in working with databases, a love for customer service and an understanding of its challenges, an ability to learn and appreciate new technologies, and strong project management and communication skills.
See below for a full job description.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. KUNC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.
For best consideration apply by July 13, 2020.
Director of News
KUNC is seeking an experienced and visionary leader as KUNC’s Director of News. The Director of News will take a leadership role in designing and implementing a strategy for KUNC that will meet the needs and expectations of our community as it relates to news & information programming. The successful candidate will manage and lead a talented staff in planning, producing, and presenting relevant and engaging news & information content across various platforms with an all-encompassing vision of public media news service to the Front Range.
Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Four years professional news experience in a supervisory role required
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field preferred, but not required
- Ability to lead a team and effectively manage and supervise staff
- Solid news judgment, including an awareness of general news
- Ability to maintain high journalistic standards of objectivity, balance and fairness
- Ability to handle multiple and complex projects simultaneously under stringent time frames and changing priorities/conditions.
- Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at KUNC and within the public broadcasting system.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus, but not required.
Position requires a passion for developing visionary ideas, commitment to journalism ethics and principles, excellent communication skills, and prior professional news experience in a leadership role.
A complete job description is available below. Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position will remain open until filled.
About KUNC News
KUNC News is made up of a team of 15 dedicated journalists committed to telling the stories of northern Colorado. We participate in several regional journalism collaborations that include Guns & America and the Mountain West Regional Journalism Center. We provide leadership and editorial support to Capitol Coverage, a Colorado collaboration to cover the state capitol. Our internal reporters cover beats of arts & culture, education & health, growth & the economy, veteran issues, and the Colorado River. And we have worked hard to create an investigative desk that launched last May. Our editorial team consists of Director of News, Managing Editor, and Digital Editor. KUNC News operates with a team mentality, creating engaging and relevant news content with a focus on internal and external collaboration.