From The Desk Of Neil Best: Thankful For Our Partnership With You
As we approach the end of 2013, it is a good time for giving thanks and reflection. KUNC has certainly had a lively year!
Reflecting back on the year’s events, it’s the partnership KUNC has with you - our members - that has created greater service for the community. For that, I am thankful.
Allow me to take a few moments to acknowledge a few of the significant events we have experienced so far in 2013.
- In February, we welcomed Luke Runyon as KUNC’s Harvest reporter. Working in collaboration with reporters in Missouri, Iowa, Illinois, and Nebraska, KUNC is providing greater coverage of issues of food, fuel, and field.
- In April, KUNC began a partnership with Rocky Mountain PBS, and added greater coverage of arts and cultural issues with reporter Carrie Saldo and Arts District.
- This summer, we made improvements to our signals along the I-70 corridor, improving the signal of our Vail station, KVNC (now heard at 90.9), and our Breckenridge station, KMPB (know heard at 90.7).
- September marked the launch of a new 24-hour music stream, KUNC Music 24/7. Now you can enjoy KUNC Music, prepared by Benji McPhail and Wendy Wham 24 hours a day via KUNC.org (by clicking on KUNC Music 24/7 in ‘Now Playing’ and then ‘Listen’) or on the KUNC mobile app.
- Later in September, Ira Glass joined us at Boulder’s Chautauqua Auditorium for an evening of humor, sorely needed following the devastating floods. More than $10,000 was raised from the generous hearts of the KUNC listeners in attendance that night to support flood victims in Colorado.
In addition, our extraordinary partnership with you, the members of KUNC, and our network partners at NPR, APM, and PRI have brought a year’s worth of inspiring reporting and storytelling to the community.
Thank you for your support. All of us at KUNC wish you a joyous holiday season, and we look forward to being a part of your life in the coming year.
President & CEO