CRNC Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is a tradition of giving and sharing. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in non-profit organizations, like Community Radio for Northern Colorado (CRNC), all donors to CRNC have the following rights.
- To be informed of the CRNC's mission, the way the CRNC intends to use donated resources and CRNC's capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the CRNC governing board and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its responsibilities.
- To have access to CRNC's most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were intended.
- To received appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality.
- To expect relationships with individuals representing CRNC will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of CRNC or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be removed from solicitation lists.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to received prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
This statement was originally developed by the American Association of Fund-Raising Counsel, the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy, the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education, and the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
Approved:September 26, 2009