Tattered Cover Presents: Mental Health and Children with KUNC
UPDATE: This event is now virtual for September 8th at 5:30pm.
From worry and anxiety to social isolation, this past year and a half has been tough for so many kids in Colorado. Join Leigh Paterson, KUNC’s mental health reporter for a panel discussion on mental health and kids as the school year begins.
The panel includes:
- Michelle Tijerina is the Program Coordinator of the Voz y Corazon Suicide Prevention Program at the Mental Health Center of Denver.
- Jenna Glover, Ph.D is a Licensed Psychologist and an Associate Professor in the Departments of Psychiatry at the University of Colorado School of Medicine.
- Dr. Sonja O’Leary has over 20 years’ experience as a pediatrician providing medical care to children and adolescents.
- Jonathan McMillan is a keynote speaker, author, journalist, activist, consultant & advocate for the empowerment of communities of colors and young people of color.
- Rep. Dafna Michaelson Jenet represents Colorado’s House District 30, which stretches from northern Aurora to rural Adams County east of Denver International Airport and back into parts of Thornton and Commerce City.