Heavy Snowfall Causes Road Closures
A late March snowfall has caused multiple road closures across the state.
Two of Colorado’s major roads are closed as road conditions continue to be treacherous.
The Denver Post reports that “travel is nearly impossible on the Eastern Plains as Interstate 70 remains closed in both directions from Denver to the Kansas border. Weather conditions also forced the closure of all westbound lanes on I-70 from C-470 to Genesee. Highway 40 is the suggested alternate route, but travel is not recommended in that area, Colorado Department of Transportation said.”
Roads currently closed include:
- All Southbound lanes of I-25 at Highway 402 near Johnstown.
- I-70 from C-470 to Genesee
- U.S. 36 from Byars to Kansas
- Colorado 71 from Limon to Brush
- Colorado 86 from Kiowa to I-70
- U.S. 385 from Cheyenne Wells to Idalia
The Denver Post reports a serious accident has closed Colorado 2 between 88th and 92nd avenues in Commerce City near Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge.
Check here for updated information on road closures.