Reinventing Radio: An Afternoon With Ira Glass at Fort Collins' Lincoln Center
Join KUNC on Sunday, October 30th at 3:00 PM as Bhakti Chai & Whole Foods Markets present This American Life host Ira Glass at Fort Collins' Lincoln Center. Tickets are on sale now @ lctix.com
VIP level tickets for the show & reception are SOLD OUT. All other tickets, Gold Circle & General, are available online, by phone at 970-221-6730, or in person at the Lincoln Center Box Office, 417 W. Magnolia, Fort Collins.
Ira's presentation will talk about his program and how it's put together: what makes a compelling story, where they find the amazing stories for their show, how he and his staff are trying to push broadcast journalism to do things it doesn't usually do.
As part of this, Glass mixes stories from the show, live onstage, combining his narration with pre-taped quotes and music, recreating the sound of the show as the audience watches. And he plays funny and memorable moments from the show, and talks about what was behind their creation.
- This American Life is a weekly public radio show broadcast on more than 500 stations to about 1.7 million listeners.
- It has won all of the major broadcasting awards, including a Peabody Award in 2006 and an Edward R. Murrow Award in 2011.
- It is also often the most popular podcast in the country, with more than a half million people downloading each week.
- From 2006-2008, a television version of This American Life on the Showtime network won three Emmys.
- This American Life also co-produces, with NPR News, the economics podcast and blog Planet Money. And a half dozen stories from the radio show are being developed into films.